SalesI earlier purchased a license for Adobe InDesign CS5.0 and recently upgraded to InDesign CS5.5, am I required to purchase an upgrade to use it in CS5.5?
- Yes, an upgrade is required (upgrade is cheaper then full license but can only be used together with a full license). We put a lot of effort into re-coding every single version of the plug-in which is required and charging for this is what enables us to finance the development and delivery all these different versions. This is also something that you agreed to in the Terms and Conditions when you earlier placed the order.
I recently placed an order using PayPal as the payment method but I still haven't gotten any email confirming my purchase, what's going on?
- For some customers we must manually go in and process the order. This is easily done and there's nothing to worry about. Just contact support via Billing/Sales and we'll solve this issue as soon as possible. By the way, the order is not "lost" so we can easily verify and help out. It's just that the system get's stuck sometimes.
Do you offer any kind of guarantee?
- Yes, we offer a 30-day full money back guarantee. We believe in our products so much that we want to give you full assurance that if you for some reason change your mind we'll give you your money back. The only requirements is that you let us know via Billing/Sales support within 30 days and that you deactivate all computers (2 per license is possible) that you activated. This is something we will check before refunding any money and failure to do so will result in no refund.
I am unable to activate my license, why?
- Please contact support via Technical. Don't forget to select your details in the dropdown options. Give us as much details as possible this will help us to help you faster.
How many computers can one license activate?
- One license can activate 2 computers. This is to match Adobes model. However our Test Drive licenses can only be activated on 1 computer and can only be used while being online. This type of license is recommended for those in the process of changing InDesign version and it's cheaper then our full licenses.
I have purchased an upgrade license and I just can not activate it, why?
- You've probably entered the incorrect serial numbers or in the wrong place.
Is it possible to keep upgrading after the initial full license purchase?
- Yes, this is possible. For example if you purchased a license for CS3 and then upgraded to CS4 and then later decide to upgrade to CS5.5 you could do so. Please note that an upgrade always requires a full license to be combined. So in this case you would just keep using the CS3 license and replace the upgrade license from CS4 to CS5.5.
I lost my serial number(s), can you send them to me?
- If you are activating on the same computer then enter your email address in the activator application and press the Fetch button and your serial number(s) will be loaded into the activator. If this is not the case then fill out the form on the support page and an email will be sent to you.
My computer crashed (or I used the Migration Assistant in mac), can you help me out?
- Please contact technical support.
I just installed version 3.0 of the plug-in and the settings are all messed up?
- Because so much have changed in this version you will need to re-apply them. You can do so in: Designers Bookshop > Grid Calculator Pro Edition > Preferences.
When I try to install the plug-in it says that Adobe InDesign is not found, why?
- In many cases this happens when you install it in a custom location but it can also happen if you installed it normally even though this is very rare. Here's how to solve it: In the installer you will be able to select where to install the plug-in. Click on that button, select the folder of Adobe InDesign and installation should work fine.
I'm a teacher considering investing in this plug-in but will this plug-in help me understand the theoretical parts of layout better? In other words, does it have educational value?
- When Abraham created this software he learned more about grid systems then any teacher or book has taught him and it's an excellent educational tool that can assist you as a teacher when educating your students in a way that books can not. The wonderful thing is that you will not need to focus as much on the pure technical setup and also that the numbers actually gets translated visually.
Isn't this tool like cheating? Will I not learn more if I do it all by myself?
- Not really, it's only a tool - you still have to understand the theory. Unfortunately many designers know only the theory but when it comes to the technical part of actually applying it it's a different game which means that many never really achieve the results they want. This tool will help you get there and by understanding how this tool works it's like learning from Abraham directly because you see what happens when you apply a certain setting etc. Finally, everything your teacher tried to teach you in school will make sense (considering that your teacher knew what he or she was talking about).
Can I send Abraham my questions regarding the topic of grid system?
- It's nothing you should count on unless it's regarding a certain feature related to Grid Calculator Pro Edition or if it's something on your mind that would help you in the decision of investing in the plug-in.
Why doesn't the text snap to the first baseline below the top margin (in Adobe InDesign)?
- Due to the default settings in Adobe InDesign you might need to resize the text box to make the text snap. The smartest way we've found to solve this so that you do not need to resize the text box everytime is to: Open InDesign (don't open any document) > Press Cmd+B or Ctrl+B > Baseline Options > Select Cap Height. When pressing OK it will be the default setting. Doing it this way you will in most cases be able to draw an exact text box and the first line of text is not going to be "pushed down".
For some reason Adobe InDesign is acting weird, can I reset InDesign without uninstalling it?
- What you can do is to reset the preferences and this will reset everything to the same state as if InDesign was first installed but all plug-ins etc. will still be there. Here's how to do it:
- Start Adobe InDesign and then directly press; Mac: Command-Option-Shift-Ctrl keys. Windows: Control-Alt-Shift while starting. You might also need to uninstall and then install the plug-in in some cases.
"I graduated a couple weeks ago from the University of Southern California with a degree in design. The design program takes a, shall we say, "learn it yourself" approach. Which forced us design students to become majorly resourceful on the web to learn what we wanted to learn. I found out about your grid system through Google searches and blog postings. After delving into the methodologies of building grids (which involved some heinous, highly-mathematical calculations), I thought there had to be a better way. The grids I built were so static. I had to decide on the margin size before seeing the page. God forbid I wanted to change the type/leading size once everything was set up. Your solution to constructing grids was straight-forward and highly malleable. There are more than enough options to keep control-loving designers happy." — Jessica Jaime
"I have to give you the biggest props for this nifty little plug in — just amazing. Been using it on the trial for the last couple of months to finish off my Communication Design Degree and it has improved the efficiency AND quality of my work. Its been so good I've been an advocate of your program in my own college! Everyone keeps asking about how I make such good grids, so I put them onto you! Just wanted to give you a big thanks again — helping design students all over the world."
— James Love
— James Love